I am realizing, the more I think about it, that consistency is going to be a key element in creating a life in balance. ..today I’d like to give some tips to help you figure out how to be consistent in your life.
1. Decide what’s really important. So many times we are overburdened in life because we take on everything that comes our way. Decide what’s really important to you, and let the rest go.
2. Decide to focus on only a few things at a time. 3-5 is optimal.
3. Create ways you can add these things into your current routine.
4. Expect to mess up sometimes, and forgive yourself when you do.
5. Get right back on track the next day/opportunity you have to be consistent.
6. Remember it takes some time to create a habit. Expect to spend at least 3 weeks on your first group of items.
7. Be flexible. Setting a routine is good, but realize life is not always perfect and you can still be consistent even if it doesn’t look like you expected it to look.
8. It’s much easier to learn consistency with daily tasks rather than weekly tasks.
9. Leave yourself reminders in the beginning so you remember to complete tasks as part of your routine.
10. Don’t have a routine? Create one! Nothing fancy, just a set of steps you do in a specific order every day. Will help turn actions into habits that you don’t have to think about.
11. Be willing to adjust. You may realize after a week or so that something you thought was important really isn’t. Be willing to drop the things that don’t work, just fill that space with something else more important to you.
12. Don’t give up.
13. Write down all the reasons you think you CAN’T do this, and then come up with solutions beforehand so you are ready to combat the problems that might arise.
14. Change your mind. Think you can’t be consistent? Use EFT to clear those blocks. You’ll find it much easier to keep moving forward.
15. Take it one day at a time. Don’t worry that you might mess up next week. Concentrate on being consistent today and you’ll be ahead of the game.
16. Remove as many distractions as possible.
17. Be very CLEAR and SPECIFIC on what you are trying to be consistent about. Without a clear vision of where you want to be it’s hard to move in the right direction.
18. Build rewards in for yourself. Promise yourself something cool if you can be consistent for a certain period of time.
19. Break goals down into smaller pieces. “Lose weight” is hard to be consistent about, but “drink 8 glasses of water every day” is something you can work with.
20. Make sure you’re not biting off more than you can chew. Keep your changes small enough to be manageable ~ you’re more likely to be successful if the thought of adding the item to your day doesn’t completely overwhelm you. If it does, break it down into something a little smaller to start with.
There you have it, 20 tips to help you get consistent in your life. If it’s your goal to learn how to be consistent then implementing even a couple of these tips will have you moving in the right direction.
Feel free to add any tips you might think of in the comment section below.
.originally published in http://itsawahmlife.com/